Gigabot maintenance schedule
Proper use and maintenance of your machine will ensure a long and productive life
Each time you use your Gigabot
- Perform a general inspection of the wiring, belts, print head and print surface.
After the initial 20 hours of print time
- Inspect the X and Y belts for proper tension. Belts are, in general, rated to yield a minimum of 3000 hours of useful life.
- Inspect V-groove wheels are properly tensioned and no free play is found between the trolley, gantry or bed platform and the Makerslide rails.
Once a week
- Inspect the X and Y axis Makerslide and roller wheels for dirt and debris. Wipe with a clean cloth and alcohol to remove dirt build-up.
- Check Z axis threaded rods have plenty of grease lubricant.
After every 500 hours of print time
- Replace the Hot-end (GB2 J-Head only)
- Inspect belt tension
- Inspect extruder gears for wear (GB2 only)
Expected lifetime of moving / wearable items
- Extruder= 2500-3000 hrs (GB2 only) [Part Print Files]
- Belts = >9000 hrs
- Wheel bearings:
- X and Y axis = 6000 hrs
- Z axis components= >6000 hrs