What types of plastic can I print on my Gigabot?
Your Gigabot can print many types of plastic filament. Most any 2.85mm diameter thermoplastic filament that can be extruded at less than 320C with a bed less than 130C will print with your Gigabot. The re:3D engineering team has tested the following filaments on Gigabot:
- PLA - Recommended for ease of printing and versatility of use.
- PET and PET-G - More flexible than PLA and slightly higher heat resistance
- ABS - More resistant to harsh environments but shrinkage than PLA.
- PC - Polycarbonate for high temperature or high strength applications.
- Taulman T-Glasse - FDA approved for direct food contact.
- Taulman 910 - High strength nylon alloy.
- Taulman PCTPE - TPU and Nylon blend to give a durable semi-flex material.
- Taulman Nylon 645 - Nylon engineered to be 3D printable.
- Ninjatek Cheetah - Prints faster than Semiflex.
- Ninja SemiFlex - Slightly more flexible than Cheetah.
- EcoFlex PLA - Flexible PLA.
- Woodfill - PLA based filament the looks, sands, and smells like wood.
- PLA/PHA - More flexible than PLA. High toughness.
- PVA - Water dissolvable support.
- PolySupport - Special support usable with PLA.
Many, Many more